The Challenge of Marketing Project Management Software
Why are other business functions such as finance, distribution and operations better managed than marketing?
Given today’s business efficiencies, the marketing function probably represents the highest leverage opportunity in your company for increasing overall business growth and company performance.
And the marketing manager feels the pressure, yet is lost at sea amongst tantalizing new fads and genuine new opportunities such as web 2.0, social media, twitter…
But it’s no one’s fault. Business must mature to the point of absorbing marketing as a central pillar of business strategy, rather than leaving it strategically floating. Only then can the marketing function truly shine as it should.
“Because the purpose of business is to create a customer, the business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business.” – Peter Drucker
And what is the most glaringly obvious opportunity for marketing to improve by?
Marketing Project Management.
How does one employ agile project management software in training in MPM can come from self-study resources for project management such as available in this excellent project management basics ebook… or it can extend into formalised academic project management (most of which I would not recommend), or a comprehensive study and implementation of critical chain project management which is light years beyond traditional critical path methodology.
The Solution to Marketing Project Management
Regardless of the approach taken for marketing project management training, or the scale of MPM required in your company, here is a 6-part model for practical results for MPM.
- Preparation – Including team selection, customer orientation focus
- Research – Market, customer, product, company competencies, etc.
- Development – Web presence, product development contribution, team development, etc.
- Conversion – Promotion, advertising, landing pages, sales videos, events, etc.
- Traffic – SEO, affiliate marketing, email marketing, social media marketing
- Tracking – Web analytics, ROI analysis, etc.
These 6 areas of practical marketing project management are unlocked through…
The Trialectic of Management:
- Objectives – Being crystal clear on what results are possible and are required for high marketing performance.
- Process – Understanding and controlling the bottlenecks that exist and the operations to achieve targets.
- Performance – Managing daily productivity and overall ROI of marketing projects.
Putting it all together…
This website details the above outlined model of MPM, and our course The 7 Meetings Protocol provides a very fast acting and supra-effective approach to marketing project management – without superfluous shelfware (software investments that are shelved on your staff’s hard drive collecting digital dust), and scaleable to whatever size marketing function you operate. Should you need Mac project management software, be sure to receive details of the 7 Meetings Protocol…